Goodbye 2021, hello 2022! To help you start the year off on the right foot, here are the Q1 must-know dates for employers on the 2022 HR calendar.
Kickoff 2022 by casting your vision for the near year! Think about your mission, vision, goals, strategies, and action plans. How will you grow & scale your business to survive and thrive? We think our best practices guide can help. Don’t forget, January is also a big tax month for all employers. There are a lot of forms to distribute and file this month. Most importantly, it’s the deadline for employers to send out Form W-2/Form 1099s to employees and Form 1095-C if you’re a large employer — so get started right away!
- National Mentoring Month
- National Blood Donor Month
- January 1 – New Year's Day
- January 17– Martin Luther King Day
- January 19 – Hawaii legislature to convene
- January 31 – Key Tax Deadline for Form 941, 940, W-2/1099s, 1095-C and more!
February welcomes in the year of the Tiger! And along with it, a long list of things to look forward to – from the Winter Olympics and Valentine's Day to Super Bowl Sunday. Employers, don’t forget that Form W-4 is a very important form that determines how much money is withheld in taxes from employee paychecks. Employees wishing to claim exempt status for federal tax withholding in 2022 must provide a new Form W-4 by February 15.
- Black History Month
- American Heart Month
- February 4-20 – Winter Olympics
- February 13 – Super Bowl Sunday
- February 14 – Valentines Day
- February 15 – Collect new Form W-4 from employees
- February 21 – Presidents Day
- February 28 – Form N-196 due
As Q1 comes to a close, start shifting your focus to employee engagement and workplace culture. What can you do to improve your workplace culture and make your organization one of Hawaii’s best places to work? Kick off a renewed focus on employees by celebrating National Employee Appreciation Day! Consider hosting a company pau hana, potluck, or other activity to thank your hardworking team. Need a little inspiration? Download our Manager’s Pocket Guide to Employee Engagement or check out these 10 Ways to Recognize Employees for Under $30.
- Women's History Month
- March 2 – File OSHA Form 300A
- March 4 – Employee Appreciation Day
- March 8 – International Women’s Day
- March 14-18 – Hawaii DOE Spring Break
- March 25 – Prince Kuhio Day Observed
- March 31 – E-file Form 1094/5-C to IRS
Want to learn more? Download ProService’s 2022 Monthly HR Calendar to get all the important dates you need to know for a stellar year!