A Parking & Transit Account can help you manage your work-related mass transit and parking costs. Save money by using tax-free dollars to pay for these expenses.

IMPORTANT: If you would like to enroll in this benefit between December 20 – 31, you will need to submit a paper form. Online enrollment is not available during this timeframe.

If you would like to enroll in this benefit between December 20 – 31, you will need to submit a paper form. Please contact ProService by phone or email so that we can provide you with your enrollment form:

  • Call the Employee Service Center: 808-394-4162
  • Email:  voluntarybenefits@proservice.com
The last day to enroll in this benefit is Friday, December 31, 2021.

Why enroll in a Parking & Transit Account?

  • Depending on your tax bracket, you could realize a tax savings of 15-30% on work-related mass transit and parking-related expenses
  • Lower your IRS reported income which saves you money

A Parking & Transit Account allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for monthly parking lot fees and mass transit programs (i.e. Bus Pass).

Unlike the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans, this program does not include a “use it or lose it penalty”. Any unused funds will carry forward to the next plan year in which you are an active participant.

You can use a Parking & Transit Account to pay for your share of expenses for commuting to and from work, reimbursable up to the monthly statutory or plan limit for:

  • Parking your vehicle in a facility that is near your place of work
  • Parking at a location from where you commute to work (such as the cost of parking in a lot near to the bus station so you can continue your commute to work)
Mass Transit:
  • Expenses include costs for any pass, token, fare card, voucher, or other item that entitles you to use mass transit for the purpose of traveling to or from work (i.e. Bus Pass)

Please check with either your employer or ProService Hawaii if you are eligible for this benefit.

Per IRS tax rules, the following are not eligible to participate:

  • S Corp shareholders above the 2% ownership level and immediate family members
  • LLC owners taxed as a Partnership
  • LLP members
  • Partners in a Partnership and Sole Proprietors; spouses/family members who are not W-2 employees of the company

You’ll need your NBS Employer ID number to enroll online. This information is available on the Voluntary Benefits Options page of your Open Enrollment instructions packet. Or, call ProService Hawaii at (808) 394-4125 to get your NBS Employer ID.

How to enroll online:

1. Click here to visit the NBS portal
2. Enter your NBS Employer ID number found on the Voluntary Benefits Options page of your Open Enrollment packet and click submit
3. Enter your social security number
4. Enter your Last Name
5. Click on “I’m not a robot”
6. Click “Submit”
7. Then you will be able to enter your enrollment information

You can submit claims to National Benefit Services (NBS) in the following ways:

  • Online at my.nbsbenefits.com
  • Use the NBS Benefits mobile app for Apple and Android devices;
  • Submit an NBS Flexible Spending Account Claim Form with supporting documentation via email to service@nbsbenefits.com, fax to 844-438-1496, or mail to:
    National Benefit Services, LLC
    P.O. Box 6980
    West Jordan, UT 84084

Any remaining balance at the end of the year will rollover to the next plan year.

Changes are allowed on a monthly basis and take effect on the first of the following month.

Your participation and salary deduction ends. You will no longer be able to incur expenses for reimbursement as of your termination date. You have 90 days from the date of termination to submit claims for expenses incurred prior to the termination date. Any balance left in the account after 90 days will be considered forfeit. 


Open Enrollment Hotline: (808) 394-3118

If you have questions or need assistance with your employee benefits, contact the ProService Hawaii Open Enrollment Hotline between Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.