Health Care
Flexible Spending Account

A Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) can help you manage your medical costs. Save money by using tax-free dollars to pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses.

IMPORTANT: If you would like to enroll in this benefit between December 20 – 31, you will need to submit a paper form. Online enrollment is not available during this timeframe.

Please contact ProService by phone or email so that we can provide you with your enrollment form:

  • Call the Employee Service Center: 808-394-4162
  • Email:  voluntarybenefits@proservice.com
The last day to enroll in this benefit is Friday, December 31, 2021.

Why enroll in a Health Care FSA?

  • Depending on your tax bracket, you could realize a tax savings of 15-30% on health care expenses
  • Lower your IRS reported income which saves you money

A Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a voluntary benefit option that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses that you incur for yourself and your immediate family members. This benefit can be used to pay for expenses such as co-insurance, prescription medication co-pays, and other expenses that are not covered by your health, dental, vision, and drug insurance.

Please check with either your employer or ProService Hawaii if you are eligible for this benefit.

Per IRS tax rules, the following are not eligible to participate:

  • S Corp shareholders above the 2% ownership level and immediate family members
  • LLC owners taxed as a Partnership
  • LLP members
  • Partners in a Partnership and Sole Proprietors; spouses/family members who are not W-2 employees of the company

You’ll need your NBS Employer ID number to enroll online. This information is available on your Open Enrollment instructions packet. Or, call ProService Hawaii at (808) 394-3118 to get your NBS Employer ID.

How to enroll online:

  • Click here to visit the NBS portal.
  • Enter your NBS Employer ID number found on your Open
  • Enrollment packet. And click submit.
  • Enter your social security number
  • Enter your Last Name
  • Click on “I’m not a robot”
  • Click “Submit”
  • Then you will be able to enter your enrollment information

If this is your first time participating in the FSA, you will need to first enroll by following the above “If I am eligible, how do I enroll?” question, then you can set up your online account.

Get to the website:

  1. Using your Internet browser: navigate to: http://my.nbsbenefits.com
  2. Click “Register” (top right corner) on the homepage.

Complete the required fields of the registration form:

  • Username and password
  • Personal Information – name and email address
  • Employee ID: Please enter your Social Security Number
  • Employer ID OR NBS Benefits Card Number:
    • Employer ID is a 9 digit code given to your in your Welcome email from NBS after you enroll or may be obtained by calling ProService at 808-394-3118 to get the information
  • Accept the Terms of Use
  • After completing all required fields, click “Register”

Go to my.nbsbenefits.com. Under the QuickLinks section at the bottom of the page, click on Eligible Expenses and you’ll find tools like an eligibility list and FSA calculator that can help you estimate how much you can save with FSA.

You can submit claims to National Benefit Services (NBS) in the following ways:

  • Online at my.nbsbenefits.com
  • Use the NBS Benefits mobile app for Apple and Android devices;
  • Submit an NBS Flexible Spending Account Claim Form with supporting documentation via email to service@nbsbenefits.com; fax to 844-438-1496 or mail to:
    National Benefit Services, LLC
    P.O. Box 6980
    West Jordan, UT 84084

The plan will automatically rollover up to $500* in your FSA account for use in the next plan year. Any amount in excess of the $500 will be forfeited.

There is a run out period between January 1 – March 31 to file claims for services rendered in the previous calendar year. This means you will have until March 31, 2022 to file claims for services rendered in 2021.

*Note: The rollover amount will vary depending if your employer opted to increase this amount per IRS cost of living adjustments.

Changes can only be made within 30 days of a qualifying event and will take effect on the first of the following month. The IRS determines what is considered a qualifying event or qualified change of status. Some examples of qualified changes are birth of child, death, divorce, or marriage.

Your participation and salary deduction ends. You will no longer be able to incur expenses for reimbursement as of your termination date. You have 90 days from the date of termination to submit claims for expenses incurred prior to the termination date. Any balance left in the account after 90 days will be considered forfeit. You may choose to continue this coverage under COBRA.


Open Enrollment Hotline: (808) 394-3118

If you have questions or need assistance with your employee benefits, contact the ProService Hawaii Open Enrollment Hotline between Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.